Lent is here. Worried about not drinking coffee? Don’t worry, I would never suggest or even think of trying to get you to give up your precious coffee. Unless it’s mediocre coffee.
Whether you practice Lent or not, this is the perfect time to transition to drinking high quality coffee, and drink it black. Fast from adding sugar and any other extra stuff you use to tolerate bad coffee. Doing this will actually make drinking coffee healthier and you will be pleasantly surprised what you’ve been missing.
Lent fasting for coffee lovers:
• Drink high quality coffee black instead
• No artificially flavored coffee blends, try single origin instead.
• No Sugar
• No cream
• No artificial syrups, actually no syrups, period.
Why fast from instant coffee, k-cups, and big chain Coffee?
• Farmers are paid a fair price that they deserve for all the hard work they do.
• Improve farmers’ quality of life
• So farmers can continue offering great coffee for you
• It’s a coffee experience you will miss out on if you don’t try. I understand coffee is a required taste. Think of it as trying a new food. Let your taste buds take over and decipher all the flavors and aromas. No need for fancy words. Just what you discover.
• Once you get used to “the good stuff”, there is no turning back.
• Ready to take the fasting challenge but not sure where to find high quality coffee? Here are my favorite sites to find some.
QOTD– Will you be taking the fasting challenge above? Let us know in the comments. It’s easier when you have support from others.
- 6 Tips on How to Taste Coffee & Develop Your Palate
- Thoughts About Decaf
- Review: Kohana Coffee Launches First Shelf-stable Cold Brew
- 3 Things Worth Knowing Before Starting as a Barista